You can now download the Theme Unit Test for testing your theme or import the WooCommerce, bbPress plugin sample data with simple ONE click using WordPress plugin Sample Data.
Note: Use Sample Data plugin on your testing/staging environment.
Follow below simple steps to import the dummy content:
- Install & Activate plugin.
- Click on
Get Started » from plugin/theme. It read the file and get import content.
- Click on
Start Import and confirm to import the data.
- For more details check below screenshots or youtube video.
Plugin import the data form the XML file. For now plugin added in-build support for:
- Theme Unit Test Data
Do you want another plugin support? Request for support »
Do you know coding? Let’s fork & extend it from Github.
You can download it from wp.org. Visit plugin page Sample Data.
Import the bbPress sample data with one click.
1) Quick Import:
I have created a simple plugin which imports the bbPress dummy data on your site within a few minutes. Check below video:
The plugin will approve on wp.org in this week. For now, you can download it from Github repo Sample Data.
Click on the download plugin to download.
2) Manual Download
You can acquire the file from this trac. ticket here. If you want to directly download the file click here.
- Go to Tools > Import.
- Go all the way down to where it says WordPress and click the link.
- If you haven’t installed the WordPress importer plugin already, click Install Now.
- If you have the WordPress Importer plugin installed and activated, proceed to the import process.
- Click the Choose File button, now select the file you just downloaded before.
- Click Upload file and import.
- You can now assign the posts to a specific user of your choice and check Import Attachments
- Now click Submit
- After that, it should import all of the posts in the file and tell you that it is done at the very bottom.
Source Creating Test Data